The Claudia Jones Organisation
Inspired Black Womanhood
The Claudia Jones Organisation vision is to build a culture of aspiration globally within which African Caribbean heritage women and their family (though not exclusively) are strengthened to achieve their full potential when making choices that affects the future of their family.
The Claudia Jones Organisation mission is to achieve our vision, we work to improve the quality of life for African Caribbean heritage women and their family (though not exclusively) who are at risk of health, social, education, economic and cultural exclusions. We carry out this mission by delivering specialist services to reduce the impact on the community in the areas of:
- Family support through advocacy for vulnerable families, providing practical and emotional support in areas such as school exclusions, welfare, and food poverty - a whole family approach.
- Violence against women and girls.
- We work inter-generationally to build a sense of personal and social identity.
- We provide therapeutic interventions for children and adults in responding to the mental health and wellbeing needs in our diverse community.
- We develop and work in partnerships where we are organiser, co-organiser and service provider.
- We promote positive aspects of Caribbean culture and history.
We are based in the London Borough of Hackney and work within neighbouring areas of Islington and Haringey with aspirations to extend our connections across the UK and globally.
Every day, our values guide our conversations, decisions and interactions. We are about:
- Building relationship assets and resilience
- Caribbean cultural awareness and history
And demonstrate our values through our commitment to:
- Community legacy